Monday, December 1, 2008

When I Grow Up

Okay, is it just me or does almost every female want to be a model/designer/actress? It's like everyone feels they will just be discovered off the street & all of a sudden they will have a fairytale life. No one wants to put in any WORK anymore. People just want to sit back & let jobs come to them.

News flash: IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. The people who are in positions that you want to be put in work. And lot's of it. The models were entering themselves in a whole bunch of talent showcases. Designers were basically giving away their pieces. Actresses were taking lessons and growing their talent [or getting some.] Anyone who does nothing, gets nothing [unless you're born rich; wish i was you!] Put some work into it.

Oh & another thing, these are not the ONLY three careers out here for females! There are so many other amazing professions. Doctors, teachers, lawyers, psychologists, presidents, religious leaders, hell even rappers. Why are people limiting themselves to using only their outward features [which a lot of times aren't that great] to launch a whole career? There are so many other interesting things you could do with your life.

I'm tired of potential being wasted. I'm tired of my 3 year old cousin thinking she needs 3' heels. I'm tired of every girl fancying themselves a fashionista. I'm tired of all the people who claim to be original, but look like everyone else. I'm tired of everyone wearing a bright color and thinking they are retro. I'm tired of peole digging in their basement and calling clothes from the 90s vintage. I'm tired of people buying the same brands as everyone else instead of investing in growing businesses. I'm tired of everyone becoming a drone.

Dare to be waaaay different. . .

No comments: