Monday, December 22, 2008

Some Don't Know How To Change

I remember times when my friends would talk about their relationships and I would be so mad. I couldn't understand how they had found this "perfect" guy and they still were hesitating. They were cold and closed off. Not even giving this guy a chance to be everything that they wanted him to be. Whether they were 16 or 23, they were still acting the same way! Why you ask? Over some jerk that had done them bad in the past.

I didn't understand why they couldn't just let go. Life happens right? wrong. Now, I completely understand. It's hard to be hurt and just let it go. You're extra cautious and over think everything trying to not make the same mistakes. Always on the lookout for your partner's mistakes. Making little issues into big problems. All stemming from problems from past relationships that could have never worked out.

I was complaining to one of my besties about how my boyfriend didn't call when he said he would so we could have an (important) discussion. And she told me "do you know how many people would love to have your boyfriend? Hell I would. So shut the hell up and be happy!" And it was a light bulb moment.

My boyfriend and I are quite the opposites which can sometimes lead to me being pissed the hell off. But I have to remember that he is one of the best things that has happened to me. Whether we end up together or not (cause we're still young). I just don't want to drive people away anymore. Everyone has a past that shapes their future, but it shouldn't control the future. I don't care what they say, history does not always repeat itself.

Guess I do know how to change. . .just been too stubborn to do it.

No comments: