Sunday, February 15, 2009

My First Love

It was you. You that I have always wanted. You drove me to wake up every morning. You pushed. I studied hard because you inspired and intrigued me. You helped me to understand people. Why they are the way they are. Why they do the things they do. Hurt when they want to love, cry when the want to smile, etc. I've always been in love with you, even though I never dared to admit it. To admit was to trap myself with you forever. For years, I wasn't ready. And then one day, I was. I think it was in between applying to colleges and prom. I decided that you were what was best for me. You were what I wanted for the rest of my life. Suddenly, my plan was set.

You are my first love, but no longer my only. I've come to love another with the same intensity, the same passion. Each night I find comfort in the thought of spending my life with another. Not only comfort, but joy. I want to fight on the side of my new love for equality for all races. I want to continue the momentum we have. Improve the school system. Right wrongs. I want to be a hero. If to no one else, then at least to myself.

I use to think you made me a hero. I'm sure if I went with you, I still would be. A different kind. On a person to person basis. You would help me fight for their self-esteem. Their mental health. Their lives. Equally great opportunity.

I love you Psychology, but Law is just better in bed. Goodbye my love.

P.S. - I may be back next week, how about an open relationship?

No comments: