Friday, February 20, 2009

Man Down, Code 10


Chris Brown's career seems to be spiraling down quicker than the damn economy [if that's possible] and so it should. Putting your hands on anyone [let me make it clear, males or females] is wrong except for extreme situations. If you put your hands on anyone for a reason that isn't life-threatening, it's wrong. Yet, somehow I'm madd at this whole situation.

I'm madd Rihanna is getting all this media attention for getting her ass beat. Women around the world face worse violence on a daily basis. There are women who have acid thrown on them by their husbands. A woman was just beheaded in NY for serving her husband w divorce papers. [read here] Now I'm really sorry for Rihanna; it's a shame what Chris did. But wake up people! This is one of those "there's worst shxt in the world" cases. I hope this brings attention to the women who don't have the fame or money like Rihanna. The women that cops tell to "work it out" with their partner. The women who can't fight back. That's who I'm rooting for. Rih Rih will be just fine. She has the world behind her.

Next, why does everyone feel like Chris' music is evil incarnated? There is a difference between a musician & his music. His image, life, personality can be the total opposite of his music i.e. R.Kelly the R&B sexual predator. I refuse to stop listening to anyone song of his that I like because I have never liked him. I reiterate, never liked Chris Brown as a person, but like some of his music. Since he didn't write all of it, I don't see the need to remove him from Itunes. Please learn to separate the business from the personal. It would make life in general easier for everyone.

And those are my thoughts on this crazy situation. Waiting for the court date. . .

No comments: